ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Short loved his Oregon State visit

MikeSinger

BeaversEdge Heisman
Gold Member
Mar 7, 2013
C1xFAfoXEAEOw1G.jpg

Rocklin (Calif.) Sierra C.C. wide receiver Aaron Short committed to Oregon State exactly one week ago. He made his first trip to Corvallis over the weekend and had a great time.

"I liked it. I really got to know the city; it was my first time stepping foot in Oregon," Short told BeaversEdge.com. "The best part that I liked about it was that you could really tell how football is really the big part of that town. I could see why they say it's one of the best college towns in the Pac-12, because that whole town is centered around football and what not."

Short has been in touch with the Beavs' staff for several months, but this was his first time to get quality face-to-face time with them.

"The coaches were great," said Short. "I definitely liked the wide receivers coach, coach [Jason] Phillips. He was a really cool dude. I like his style, and I feel like he's going to help me become the receiver that I want to be.

"From the moment I talked to coach [Gary] Andersen, I knew he was going to be a great coach. After talking to him a couple of times over the weekend, I could definitely see that he's turning this program in the right direction. All of the other coaches were great the whole weekend as well."

Phillips and Short hit it off during the visit.

"Basically, his message was that he was a real up front dude," Short explained. "He doesn't take any BS. We were just really getting to know each other. We talked about football, but it was really about getting to know each other on a personal level. He's already teaching me little stuff, and I can't wait to go practice with him."

Phillips was brought in to Oregon State because of his background as a passing game guru, and there were talks during the official visit about Oregon State implementing air raid concepts into the offense.

"They didn't really get into it because they're still talking stuff out with what they're going to do," Short said. "It's kind of looking like it, but kind of balanced. It's just going to be more aggressive when it comes to passing."

Short, whose host was Hunter Jarmon, is feeling good about his OSU pledge and noted that no other schools have tried to sway him from his commitment.

"I feel pretty solid about it right now. I made the right choice. I can't wait to get started with these dudes."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News