ADVERTISEMENT

Q and A with Colorado Rivals Staff Member

Will Colorado Cover The 16.5 Spread This Weekend?

• Yes

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • No

Votes: 13 46.4%
  • Upset Alert...

Votes: 5 17.9%

• Total voters

kyle h

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
Hello Everyone,

My name is Kyle Henderson and I publish the Colorado Rivals site CUSportsNation.com. Mike has invited me to host a Q and A, feel free to ask any questions regarding the Buffs who are off to a hot 3-1 start. The bolded questions are the first questions Mike wanted me to answer.

Also, just wanted to say I am glad you are giving Mike and the new crew a chance here taking over for Angie. Site flips are never easy for anyone, but rest assure that Mike is capable of delivering. I've been impressed with his content publishing ability, the site's story layouts, and honestly, the recruiting coverage the subscribers here are getting here is top of the line. As you know, hard work proves itself.

Q and A: Colorado with Kyle Henderson

1.) Colorado hasn't had a winning season in 11 years, and I'm sure there's a lot of excitement with the 3-1 start. What is the pulse of the team right now coming off the huge win at Oregon?

Following Colorado’s dramatic 41-38 victory over Oregon, the Buffs who are now 3-25 all-time against PAC 12 opponents under Head Coach Mike MacIntyre are still hungry. While Oregon is absolutely a signature win for the program in the early season, there is still plenty to play for moving forward.

2.) What's the quarterback situation? The Buffs have two quarterbacks that have played really well. Which do you think will start and what should Beaver fans expect from the CU quarterbacks?

RS-Freshman Steven Montez was listed as a No. 1 Quarterback on the Depth Chart (Tuesday) and I believe Colorado is not bluffing here. Montez is a 6-foot-5, 235-pound pro-style passer who was named the PAC 12 Offensive Player of the Week after throwing for 23-32 for 333-yards and 2 touchdowns, he also ran for 135-yards and a score. Liufau is nursing what we believe to be an ankle injury.

3.) Who are the top offensive weapons, and can you break down the CU scheme?

Colorado runs out of a shotgun, three-receiver set, and is built off a very strong run-pass option game. They don’t have one primary weapon on offense, they have three receivers that are turning heads. Devin Ross has hauled in 25 receptions for 355-yards and 5 touchdowns, Shay Fields has 14 receptions for 291-yards, and two touchdowns, Bryce Bobo has made ESPN’s top highlights twice and has hauled in 13 receptions for 228-yards and 1 touchdown. Also, Colorado running back Phillip Lindsay is very underrated.

4.) Who are the top defensive performers, and what challenges will they pose the OSU offense?

Honestly, Colorado likely has the best secondary in the PAC 12.Yes, that’s a big statement, but they are a group of ballers. Chidobe Awuzie is a bone crushing hitter and a great cover-corner and likely a Top 50 NFL Draft Pick. Tedric Thompson at Safety is a ballhawk and makes plays. Through the first 4 games of the season, Colorado has allowed just 652 passing yards which is a 163.0 per game average, keep in mind they have already played Oregon and Michigan. They also start 3 massive defensive linemen, who are all seniors.

5.) The line for this game is at about 17 points favoring Colorado. Do you expect the Buffs to dominate this game?

Hard to say as you just truly never know. With that said, despite Colorado’s early season success they really have not accomplished much, thus they should still be hungry to chase down something they have not had since 2007: A winning season. Colorado is the favorite, but they have not been the favorite often as of late, eager how they play now that they are the hunted.

What are your questions?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.