ADVERTISEMENT

Practice Report Practice #8 Thread

MikeSinger

BeaversEdge Heisman
Gold Member
Mar 7, 2013
Practice report from Greaves below! OSU's big scrimmage, which is completely open to media and fans, is tomorrow at 7:30 pm.

---

- Today's practice was short and sweet, the team is getting ready for their scrimmage tomorrow so they were just in helmets and walking through plays.

- I did get a good look again at Noah Togiai. He is looking like the main go to for quarterback Jake Luton. Numerous times today I could tell that when Luton was in doubt, he would find Togai and let him make a play.

- The rotation of the defensive backs has been changing every day. Today, freshman safety David Morris went out with the first team defense to compliment Brandon Arnold.

- Kesi-Ahoy also was seen on the field with the first team defense, he looks to be picking up great habits from playmaker Manase Hungalu. It is apparent he mirrors Hungalu's game.

- Kammy Delp was seen today with the first team offense as well, playing both right and left guard on different series.

- Isaiah Dunn might be the set starting cornerback. Today, he was with the first team defense again. It appears that they like his game, and he has performed throughout camp so far.

Thoughts on the offense: Since today's practice was seen more as a walk thru, the intensity was shifted into more of a mental day. The offense looks like they are up to speed with Luton and Nall leading the way. Competition on the O-Line has shifted mostly just to Delp. Whatever way he can get himself on the field, he is going to take it, whether that be as right or left guard. The wide receiving core looks stable and ready to fire on all cylinders. With the talent they have and Luton's arm, the offense in my opinion will finally be a balanced attack.

Thoughts on defense: Even though the defense has competition all over the place between, safeties, linebackers, and corners, I am confident that anyone who will step in the role will be prepared. It is a very good sign that there is so much competition between the young guys because that is how you build growth. It's also a good sign because it shows the coaches that the young guys want to compete and they are really going to push the starters. No matter if they are old or young, the coaches are going to start the best player. If your players know anyone could take their spot if they are not performing that leaves no room at all for mediocre play.

Kevin Clune interview

Last edited:
Reactions: Beaver*86
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.