ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting *** Nugget Report 5/27 ***

JaredHalus

Jared Halus
Staff
Jan 25, 2016
Happy Monday Beaver fans, let's kick off the week with everyone's favorite breakfast, a healthy serving of nuggets.

Beaver coaches have been constantly on the road working hard, building relationships, evaluating talent, and giving out offers. From Hawaii, to Arizona, to California, to Washington and of course, Oregon, there has not been much ground the coaches haven’t covered. After adding two commitments from Ben Gulbranson and Zeriah Beason, it is time to get back to work.

BeaversEdge is keeping a watchful eye, and has the latest scoop.

Let’s go ahead and start this off hot. Cooper Darling has yet to “blow up” as many say, but he didn’t need to in order to pick up an offer from his dream school. As someone who lives in Arizona, you may think I am talking about Arizona State, but in fact, it’s the Beavs. Darling was born in Salem, Oregon, and is already loving the hometown vibe he is getting from Corvallis.

WHO HE IS HEARING FROM: San Diego State, NAU, Idaho, Arizona State

IN HIS OWN WORDS

“Oregon State had that hometown vibe. Hearing that I got an Oregon State offer was a dream come true. I was born there, raised an Oregon State fan, and my dad’s side of the family graduated from there. Since I was a little kid I have thought about putting on those orange jerseys and playing for them.”

Oregon State offered Rogers in January of 2019, and he has since seen many other schools jump in. Over half the schools in the Pac-12 have offered, and he seems to be on the verge of adding some others as well. Rogers came to Corvallis over the winter, a time when he visited almost all schools that have offered him. Coach M has stayed consistent in recruiting Rogers, and he says they have a solid relationship. Rogers plans on narrowing things down this summer before taking some officials and making his final decision towards the end of his senior year.

WHO HE IS HEARING FROM: Oklahoma, Notre Dame, USC, Oregon State, Oregon, Cal, UCLA

IN HIS OWN WORDS

“I really enjoy spending time with the coaches at Oregon State. They are phenomenal. The coaching staff at Oregon State stood out because they want to recruit men of character, and I appreciate that.”

The St. John Bosco cornerback visited Oregon State over the weekend, and raved about his experience. Coach Blue Adams started recruiting Alford back in March, but has yet to offer. According to Alford, coach Adams wants to come out to a game at SJB to check him out before deciding whether or not the Beavers will offer. As of now, Rutgers is the only school to have offered, but more are likely on the way. If Oregon State is one of those schools, they will quickly climb to the top of his list.

WHO HE IS HEARING FROM: Oregon State, Rutgers, Boise State, Rice, Arizona, Fresno State, Yale

IN HIS OWN WORDS

“It was honestly a 10/10. It was amazing. I had never been there before, and the facilities and stadium were top tier. It is a great place.”

BONUS

Oregon State will host former Arkansas linebacker Kyrei Fisher in June for a visit. The class of 2017 linebacker transferred to Trinity Valley Community College after a year with the Razorbacks, and has added a few offers from Troy University, Texas State, and Arkansas State.

BeaversEdge has spoken with Fisher and will have more on him soon.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News