ADVERTISEMENT

Matthew Tago interview

QBeaver

BeaversEdge Heisman
Jul 29, 2004
Corvallis
I don't typically listen to beaver sports talk with Mike Parker on his weekly show,but I just happened to hear most of the interview with Tago. Here are some of the bullet points

***Tago takes his education very seriously,and wants to go into law enforcement after his playing days are over. His brother Christian, after graduating from San Jose State, was just accepted into the police academy in California.

***Tago was offered by USC,UCLA,Nebraska,WSU,OSU,and many other schools. Committed to Ucla until coach Mora was fired. Nebraska offered him under Scott Frost as a quarterback after throwing for 3100 yards and 38 touchdowns,and running for 14 more. His final three were Nebraska,Osu,and Utah. Tago fell in love with osu on his campus visit. He loved quarterback in high school,because he could control the offense more from that position.

***Tago is currently a olb,but played MLB in high school due to him being needed by his team there. Presently,Tago is 6-2 225 but expects to get bigger and stronger before the 2019 season he said. I wouldn't be surprised to see him at 240 plus by next fall. Very well spoken kid,and potentially a NFL player after college. He certainly has the appearance of a 4 * athlete on and off the field.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News