ADVERTISEMENT

Gameday experience - what the hell-o are they thinking?

eastbeav

BeaversEdge Super Blue-Chip
Gold Member
Dec 27, 2003
I went to the Oregon State USC game with a friend who is pretty disabled. My plan was to take the bus with him from downtown to the disabled entrance so that we could get into the game without him having to walk any significant distance. We were downtown and I found out that there were no buses so my backup plan was to drop him off right in front of the stadium where the disabled entrance was but when we got there, we found out that the street that runs past the Coliseum was blocked off for family games all the way from Western Avenue to the railroad tracks by the tennis courts. This meant that the closest I could get him to our seats was on the side of the stadium that was furthest from our seats. It took us until about 10 minutes after game time to be able to finally get a golf cart to take us over to the section that we needed to be at. It was even worse at the Boise State game, where he needed to use the restroom badly because he has a condition and when he asked if he could go in the gate to use the restroom that was in their sight, they told him he needed to walk over to the porta potties that were quite a ways away. He was forced to push past the gate bureaucrat or piss himself. Because of this he was threatened by an officer with arrest, He is cognitively affected so I was able to explain what happened,, and they dropped their complaint ( unfortunately, I was parking the car when this happened).
The lack of accommodations for disabled people at least in my experience, and the fact that they shut down the main artery that allows traffic to pass more easily, seemed galactically stupid to me. I don't know how anybody else feels but it's left a bad taste in my mouth.
Does anybody else have an opinion on this?

• Angry
Reactions: Cope1540
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News