ADVERTISEMENT

Football Fall Camp Content Hub Day 2 (8-7)

Brenden Slaughter

BeaversEdge Heisman
Staff
Aug 27, 2016
Sherwood, Oregon
Happy Saturday Edgers!

Practice Highlights

Interviews (Lindgren, Tibesar, Gebbia, Julian, & Colletto)

NUGGETS

- After kicking off spring practices on Friday, the Oregon State football team returned to the Prothro Practice Fields on Saturday morning for its second practice of fall camp 2021.

- The Beavers definetly brought the energy out there as the entire team was still very fired up to be back on the field together. You can absolutely tell that the last year was a strain on everyone and the guys are just so excited to be back in a normalized setting. It continues to be awesome to see...

- As far as the quarterbacks go, I'd say it was more of the same as day one. We won't truly be able to get a full read on the room until everyone puts on full pads in the middle of next week, but for now, I'd say the competition is still open.

- Sam Noyer and Tristan Gebbia have been very accurate and poised the first couple of days, while Chance Nolan is still struggling a bit with decision-making and timing. There were a couple of times where Nolan's would-be targets were a little frustrated he didn't get them the ball. Sam Vidlak continues to impress, but I still see him a bit on the periphery as he's learning the nuances of the college game and the offense.

- If the trend continues into next week with the QB's, I could see this becoming more of a two-horse race between Noyer and Gebbia. Nolan could certainly still figure into the mix, but he needs to tighten up his process and play smoother.

- The receivers definetly stood out today... there's no question that this is the best collection of talent that Jonathan Smith and receivers coach Kefense Hynson has had, and that's starting to show itself on the practice field. The Beavers have a lot of different skillsets and have the ability to do a lot of unique things.

- On the defensive line, we got to see Thomas Sio take some reps at nose tackle with the first-team defense and the early returns are promising. He's obviously got a ways to go as far as learning the position, but you can't coach size and that's what impressed me and the coaches on Saturday. Could be a darkhorse to see playing time very quickly...

- As far as special teams go, I'd expect the Beavers to continue to split time between Luke Loecher and Josh Green at punter. Both guys bring something a little different to the table and Smith likes the idea of being able to strategically use each of them.

- As far as an individual that stood out today, I'd go with Trey Lowe. He broke off a couple of really nice runs (one for almost 20 yards) and showcased his ability to bring something different to the backfield as opposed to B.J. Baylor and Deshaun Fenwick. He's someone I expect the team to get on the field any way possible.

- Rejzohn Wright was able to snag an interception off of Nolan near the end of 11-on-11 work today. His ball-hawking skills and quickness/pursuit are very impressive...

- Another under-the-radar guy to keep an eye on is Silas Bolden. The younger brother of former OSU standout Victor Bolden, Silas had himself a solid spring and so far, he's taken that momentum into fall camp. Had several really nice catches and I love how he uses his hands and body to always be in the right position to haul in the pass.

- In terms of the offensive and defensive rotations, I'm going to try and get beyond the first team here soon, but with the heavy rotations we've seen the first couple of days, here's a rough idea.

- A look at the first-team offense

LT -
Joshua Gray

LG - Jake Levengood

C - Nous Keobounnam

RG - Heneli Bloomfield

RT - Brandon Kipper

QB - Chance Nolan / Tristan Gebbia / Sam Noyer / Sam Vidlak

RB - Trey Lowe / B.J. Baylor / Deshaun Fenwick

WR - Champ Flemings / Zeriah Beason / Jimmy Valsin

WR - Tre'Shaun Harrison / Tyjon Lindsey / Silas Bolden

WR - Makiya Tongue / Anthony Gould / John Dunmore

TE - Luke Musgrave / Jake Overman

Here's a look at the first-team defense:

DL -
Isaac Hodgins / Simon Sandberg

DT - Thomas Sio

DL - Tavis Shippen / Cody Anderson

OLB - Andrzej Hughes-Murray

ILB - Avery Roberts

ILB - Omar Speights

OLB - Riley Sharp

DB - Rejzohn Wright

DB - Ron Hardage III

DB - Alton Julian

DB - Akili Arnold

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.