ADVERTISEMENT

A couple thoughts for the new crew...

schmidty34

BeaversEdge Four-Star Recruit
Jan 3, 2006
First, since I'm already paid through December, you have several months to convince me it's worth re-upping. You have your work cut out, because 95% of my attention will be over at BeaverBlitz.

That said, here's a couple immediate thoughts for how to win me over:
  1. Use your name, build an identity. In the first 16 hours, almost all "staff" posts have been by "Beaveresdge.com Staff", which is super lame. Part of why we all loved Blitz was because of the personality and identity that came with "knowing" the staff; part of the draw to a message board is that posts are distinguishable and become part of how you get to know fellow Beaver fans;
  2. Know your audience. This will be tough, and we'll likely have to cut you some slack, but feeding us baby food like we're new to the conversation will turn people off. As an example, yesterday there was a thread where MikeSinger (btw, thanks for being you :D) weighed in on a poster's question to Peter about his Pac 12 Recruiting Updates. The reply was extremely basic info we all already know and had already been discussed 6 ways to Sunday in previous P12 updates by Peter. I know this sounds nit-picky and you guys have a ton of catching up to do, but if you're going to bother replying, look at previous discussion and don't bother if you're just going to give a watered down version of what has already been posted.
  3. Really, suggestion #1 above is the most important to me. Unless your content is otherworldly, you're going to have to win us over with your personality.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News