ADVERTISEMENT

Football *** Team/Recruiting Nuggets ***

MikeSinger

BeaversEdge Heisman
Gold Member
Mar 7, 2013
Some nuggets to chew on for your Monday morning.

- I thought Jordan Whittley was going to be a redshirt junior, but OSU listed him as a redshirt senior when he signed. A source feels confident that Whittley will be able to get an extra year due to a knee injury that sidelined him for a while (which is when he gained all of that weight to go from RB to DL). After the 2019 season, Whittley will petition to get another year.

- I talked with Joshua Bowcut. He told me the following: "Yeah I'm all set for OSU still. I'll be there in the summer." He also added that he's currently "6-5 and about 285." Wow! Watch out. He's expected to come in at offensive line but could play on the D-line.

- Christian Wallace tweeted a week or two ago that he was transferring but then quickly deleted the tweet. I've pretty much confirmed that he's not returning to the team. He'll be transferring but no word on where that will be yet.

- For the DB coach search.. The last I heard was on Sunday that Jonathan Smith has not found his guy yet.

- I reported yesterday that Kee Whetzel is likely to move from OLB to safety. I highly expect that to happen.

- Yesterday I posted some 2019 OL names to watch, with the most notable guy being 6-foot-3, 330-pounder Paul Matavao-Poialii. He's taken official visits to Hawaii, Fresno State, and Baylor, and he will take two more official visits in January. I don't believe OSU has offered yet (at least, he hasn't announced it). He's deciding his official visits this week and I'll keep tabs on it.

- I'm really intrigued with Rice DL grad transfer Zach Abercrumbia. He will be transferring from Rice in May to enroll at this next school in the summer. I'm hearing that a handful of schools are interested in him and he's just seeing who else will come along. OSU is one of those schools that is interested.

- As OSU works to fill its 2019 class with just a few spots remaining, the Beavers can host official visitors for the next four weekends before National Signing Day on February 6. Of course, I'll be working on confirming visitors.

Thank you for reading.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News