ADVERTISEMENT

Football Team nuggets/rumors to chew on...

MikeSinger

BeaversEdge Heisman
Gold Member
Mar 7, 2013
Most of the intel are nuggets, some are a bit more speculatory... Nonetheless, check it out.

This is intel for BeaversEdge only. Don't go posting this stuff elsewhere. We've had a lot of new sign ups in the past two weeks, so for the newbies, enjoy!

- Based on what Brenden and Marcus have been seeing in fall camp, it has looked like Wesley Payne is battling for the starting linebacker job and his brother, Landry, has not been getting many first team reps at safety next to Brandon Arnold. I heard that Landry might actually beat out Austin Hudson, Jalen Moore, and David Morris for that safety spot. I don't think that's actually going to happen, but boy, would that be a shocker... The word I'm hearing on Morris is that he's good but still grasping the playbook, and Hudson is okay but not great. I still expect Moore to get the start, but the safety battle is definitely intriguing.

- Here is a projected defensive starting lineup per my source..

CB: Jay Irvine, Xavier Crawford

S: Brandon Arnold, Landry Payne

LB: Bright Ugwoegbu, Jonathan Willis, Manase Hungalu, Andrzej Hughes-Murray

DL: Titus Failauga, Baker Pritchard, Elu Aydon

Again, I don't think Payne starts, but the rest looks legit.

- Looking at the projected depth chart above, we see some position battles potentially answered. Irvine starting opposite of Crawford, Hughes-Murray next to Hungalu, and Willis across from Ugwoegbu.

I've expected Irvine to start at CB all along, and it's good to see him back and healthy. He's a good one... At ILB, a source tells me that Wesley Payne could start, but coach Clune really likes Hughes-Murray... Jonathan Willis is a guy we left out of our top 20 and I'm already kicking myself for it. We placed Hamilcar Rashed in it, but he's taking a while to adjust to college football. I've heard that he's behind Shemar Smith at this point.

- Kee Whetzel is a name to keep an eye on. He redshirted last year, and he's the No. 2 guy behind Bright Ugwoegbu. Willis/Smith/Rashed have the other side.

- When OSU limited Nall and Tyner's reps for the scrimmage on Saturday and showcased Trevorris Johnson and AP, it showed me where the running back pecking order was, and my suspicions were correct, according to my source. The Beavs wanted to rest their top guys in Nall and Tyner.

The running back pecking order is looking like this: Nall, Tyner, AP, Johnson, Tyler, Baylor

Isaiah Miller and TJ Green who?! Tyler and Baylor are a couple of special young guys. AP is still a stud. The future is bright.

- A couple of injury notes....

Trevorris Johnson was seen limping off the field on crutches on Saturday, but I'm hearing that it's nothing serious. He should be back at practice this week.

Seth Collins didn't practice on Saturday, and as always, Gary Andersen wouldn't give any details about it. I'm hearing that it's a hand injury and it's unsure if he'll be back for the CSU game at this point in time.

Please remember: Don't share this stuff on other websites. If you do, I will find out (I always do) and you could be blacklisted from the message board.

Reactions: MKBeav
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News