ADVERTISEMENT

Scholarships and initial counters

beaverbait

BeaversEdge All-American
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2011
Figured it's a good time to see where we are at scholarship-wise and how many spots we have in this recruiting class.

15 signees today + 4 transfers + room for Bowcut & Gray = 21 initial counters

That gives us four spots remaining to add players in this class. Looks like Nathan Eldridge is a strong possibility so that would leave three spots remaining in the early signing period. The only way to get more would be to delay enrollment (greyshirt) some of our current signees or anyone else we add.

I have us currently at 79 scholarships, six short of the full 85. The breakdown, for now, looks like this:

Offense: 37
Defense: 41
Special Teams: 1

True Freshmen: 14
RS Freshman: 8
Sophomores: 30
Junior: 10
Senior: 17

Assuming we add four more before February that would be 83. Luton getting a sixth year would be another (I remain skeptical that'll happen) and they could give out scholarships to walk-on contributors Andre Bodden and Daniel Rodriguez (both seniors so it's only holds it for one year). On the flip side, I'd expect the usual 5-10 players to leave for various reasons so we'll probably be down at 75-80 again next year. With a smallish (17 right now, could be less if guys transfer) senior class we should be able to get back to full scholarship strength in 2020 I would imagine.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News